Sunday, November 17, 2013

Dear Mr. Knightley Book Review



Samantha Moore is completely detached from people. Being raised in the foster care system, she's seen and been through too many bad things to be able to find connections with other people, and instead chooses to hide in the security of the characters in her favorite novels, especially Pride and Prejudice.

When an anonymous person at a foundation agrees to foot the bill for Samantha's education, she finds there is one condition she must adhere to: she has to write the benefactor, "Mr. Knightley", and inform him of her progress. She finds this easy enough, and soon grows to enjoy writing her feelings to Mr Knightley, who does not write back.

I was nervous about this book, honestly. I thought it had a lot of potential, but I wasn't sure how well the story would play out. I am happy to say, however, that I absolutely loved it. I loved the characters, and really felt like a friend to Sam, wanting her to succeed and get back into reality. My only disappointment was when I realized I'd finished the book! I didn't want it to end. And now I wait for another read from Katherine Reay.


Disclaimer: I received this book from the publisher for the purpose of review. The opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Chloe, for your lovely review. I really appreciate it. LIZZY AND JANE (really must learn how to add italics here) is next and will be out next fall. I loved Sam's story, but say I'm kinda in love with this new one too. Thanks again... KBR

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read ALL my comments and will always get back to you!